The other day, one of my good friends, Katie, came over and we wanted to make something delicious. So we did, and now she’s here to blog about the recipes she made with me! YAY! (Her words are in Italics. WAHOO!)
Katie - that’s me! - recently became a vegan, so we went over to our mutually favorite - and vegan – blog: Chocolate Covered Katie! – that’s not me.
So, what did we make, you ask? Something delicious. A.K.A. Easy Cocoa Peanut Butter Balls with Reese’s Peanut Butter Frosting! YAY!!!
Easy Cocoa Peanut Butter Balls
adapted from: 3-Ingredient Peanut Butter Balls
- 4 Tablespoon oats
- 4 Tablespoon Dark Chocolate Dreams peanut butter (Peanut Butter & Co. brand; available at some grocery stores and most Whole Foods stores) – a.k.a. heaven (Or you could use regular peanut butter and add 1-2 tablespoons cocoa powder.)
- 2 teaspoon honey
- Crush the oats with a fork or your hands. OR you could blend in a blender or food processor for a quick minute.
- Add the rest ingredients to a medium bowl and mix together.
- Form into balls (ours were about 2 teaspoons worth of dough for each ball).
- Let sit in the refrigerator while you make The Yummiest Frosting Ever for you to dip these balls in.
There’s Katie with the pb balls before we threw them in the fridge! Isn’t she the cutest?! I just love this girl. Talk about a strong Christian friend! She inspires me like no one else does!
Now for The Yummiest Frosting Ever - like the hallelujah chorus in your mouth!
The Yummiest Frosting Ever
adapted from: Reese’s Pieces Fudge Frosting
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 4 Tablespoon cocoa powder
- 2-3 Tablespoon milk (depending on how thin you like your frosting; we used almond milk)
- 2-3 Tablespoon maple syrup
- 2 teaspoon honey
- Add all ingredients to a medium mixing bowl.
- Use a hand mixer to whip everything up.
- Now STUFF. YOUR. FACE. - it’s okay, we did.
Pull the peanut butter balls out of the refrigerator and slather with the frosting. Enjoy!
Note: dip strawberries in the frosting and have your MIND BLOWN.
Okay, now let me please tell you how good these are.
First of all, since chocolate and peanut butter is the best combo EVER, you really can’t go wrong with this recipe.
They will make you happy. And even though both these things are AMAZING on their own, they are even more amazing together!
Oh, and… do the strawberry thing. Seriously. Nothing on earth should taste that good.
-Kelsey and Katie!